Kids Academy Company Preschool and Kindergarten Learning is available for download on iTunes here.
The game provides electronic worksheets to trace numerals, shapes and letters. Successful tracing allows the player to collect fireflies, which are set free when the jar is full. It also has a section to identify objects which represent letters. For example, the letter “B” has a bus, bridge and bee. The music is pleasant and the verbal praise for successful tracing is enjoyable. There may be some benefits for kinesthetic learners with the tracing activity; however, the player uses the pointer finger to trace on the screen so carry-over to a writing utensil is questionable. The players name can be entered to make praise personal. There is a parental control function, which prevents the player from inadvertently purchasing additional materials.
Our toddler (just shy of two years of age) has started to show interest in letters and numbers. She knows many of her shapes. Like many little ones, she watches Mommy and Daddy use their phones and is a huge fan of any time she is able to get her hands on the iPhone. We limit her screen time to only one program every couple days and this has become one of her favorites. She adores hearing the praise and likes to dance to the music even after she tires of playing the game. This is an excellent resource for reinforcing her introductory knowledge of letters, numbers, and shapes.
About the app:
+++++ Featured by The Guardian +++++
Based on the proven Montessori learning method, Kids Academy develops spelling, writing and reading skills through fascinating games!
This app is created to make fun more educational! The app goes beyond simply great graphics and beautiful music by engaging children to learn preschool basics through intriguing game play. Toddlers will start with easy tracing by collecting fireflies in a jar and will move gradually to tracing requiring more developed fine-motor skills.
The basic skills in this app are foundations for reading, writing and arithmetic operations. Appropriate hints are provided to support your children as they practice and build their skills.
* Curriculum developed and reviewed by preschool education expert
* Delightful animations will help your children learn letters and words in a fun and engaging way
* Frequent repetition designed to help children learn numbers and their sequence
* Aligned to Kindergarten Reading Foundation skills of Common Core Standards
* Animated flashcards to teach your kids letters and words
* A rich, exploratory environment filled with surprises
* Funny, bright, creative artwork
* Your children can interact with the app at their own pace
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 12, 2014
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 143 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kids Academy Company
- © 2012, Kids Academy Company
- Made for Ages 5 and Under
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.