¡SABOR! is a fantastically fun CD geared toward introducing youngsters to Spanish. A welcome reprieve from the monotonous droning that so often results when repetitious recordings are used to introduce new languages, ¡SABOR! surrounds young listeners with joyous dancing music and easy to learn lyrics. The songs have great rhythm and easily encourage movement and attention from even our youngest (7 months). Our toddler (almost 2 years) is a huge fan of dancing and will ask for this CD again and again. As a monolingual English speaking family interested in providing our kids a chance to learn a second language, we are thrilled to have found an easy, non-television based way to expose our kids to Spanish.
- CUANDO SEA GRANDE (When I’m Big)
- BUENOS DÍAS AMIGUITOS (Good Day Little Friends)
- UNO, DOS Y TRES (One, Two and Three) ***
- EN EL RANCHO DE MACDONALD (Old MacDonald Had a Farm)
- ¿SABES TU SEMBRAR LA COL? (Do You Know How to Plant Cabbage?)
- CAMINEMOS EN EL BOSQUE (Let’s Walk Through the Woods)
- JUGUETES (Toys)
- MI DÍA (My Day)
- DEL SUELO AL CIELO (From the Ground to the Sky)
- EN EL PUENTE DE AVIÑÓN (On the Bridge of Avignon)
- EN EL ZOOLÓGICO (At the Zoo)
- NO HAY FIESTA SIN PASTEL (It’s Not a Party Without Cake)
- LA BARBITA (The Goatee)
- PALMAS, PALMAS LAS DOS MANITAS (Clap, Clap Little Hands) ***
- ADIÓS (Goodbye)
***Denotes Our Family Favorites
Key Product Information:
- Lyrics and Translations Included
- Approximately 40 minutes run time
- Available as CD or Digital Download
- Suggested Retail Price of $14.99
- ¡SABOR! is set to be released September 9, 2014
This is our family’s first product from Whistlefritz, but given our kids’ enjoyment of the product, it certainly won’t be our last! Whistlefritz offers a variety of products dedicated to helping families teach their children both Spanish and French. Resources include award winning CDs, DVDs, and a matching game that I already have my eye on! There are also lesson plans available. If you are interested in giving your children early exposure to the Spanish or French language, I encourage you to explore Whistlefritz!
Founded in 2006, Whistlefritz was borne out of a mom’s passion to teach her own children Spanish. After reading research showing that early childhood was the best time to learn a language, Whistlefritz’s founding mom set out on a mission to find fun and educational teaching materials for her children. She searched for DVDs with engaging storylines, featuring live speakers rather than cartoons, and teaching through immersion. Not finding what she wanted, she decided to create it: engaging, playful, live-action Spanish immersion programs for her own kids and kids everywhere!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.